Friday, May 15, 2020

A little more sewing -


On my Devon County Bento Box blocks - ;))
Bento Box - HERE -



And pressing -


And more pressing -


And a little more cutting -


And a little more sewing -


My approach is a little different than Gene's -

He likes to make a block or two at a time -

From start to finish -

Which is fine - and works for him - ;))

The cutting instructions are easy enough for me to remember -

But the sewing layout/sequence is different -

Depending on whether you are building a "light" section or a "dark" section -

So I made a sketch for reference - like Gene did -


I prefer to do a step or two on several different blocks -

While my brain still remembers how to do it -

And I can get into a "rhythm" -

Then I move on to the next couple of steps -

"Assembly-line" style -

So I don't have to remember/do ALL of the steps -

For EACH and EVERY block -

From start to finish -

But that's just me - LOL - ;))

I guess it's the difference between -

Doing Step #1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 ten times -

And doing Step #1-2-3 ten times -
Then #4-5-6 ten times -
Then #7-8-9 ten times -

The same steps get done -

And in the same order -

I just break it up differently than most - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Barbara said...

Your method works for you! Gene’s works for him. Can’t compare oranges and apples. In the end we can compare! Lol!

Gene Black said...

It is interesting to see how we do things differently. Your diagram is far neater than mine - and more detailed.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I tend to work the same steps repeatedly, otherwise I get confused. I get a rythmn going and make better blocks.

Jeanna said...

It's interesting for us, your's and Gene's fans, to watch both processes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...