Saturday, May 2, 2020

While waiting -


For a delivery on Friday -

I didn't want to be in the other room messing with the binding -

In case I missed it -

So I pulled some fabric -


And my Hunter Star die -

And cut some BLUE ones -


And some YELLOW ones -


Then played with some layouts -

Using the larger triangles -




I liked that last one -

So I filled in the other bits -


I cut enough to make four BLUE ones -

And four YELLOW ones -

So after I make them -

Then I'll play some more -


One thing I noticed was that the ends of the diamond shapes are different -

One end is "angled" - and one end is "flat" -

The "instructions" didn't address the issue -

At least not that I could find -


So -

I laid them both out to see which one had the "dog-ears" where I wanted them -


Looks like the one on the RIGHT is the correct orientation -


So -

I'll be lining them up with the "flat" edge toward the middle of the trapezoid -

Which is probably mentioned somewhere -

I just didn't find it - LOL - ;))


And - since the delivery didn't come on Friday -

I'll be waiting AGAIN on Saturday -

So I might not be sewing binding until Sunday -

But that's OK -

I can play with the Hunter Star -

While waiting - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

That is going to be pretty! I hope your delivery makes it today. At least you found something fun to do while waiting. :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love blue and yellow. Hmm, I have a churndash die, but not a Hunter's Star. Maybe I should cut some churndash pieces. Hope the delivery arrives quickly. My cat is waiting for a week for a Chewy delivery.

Gene Black said...

Waiting for deliveries can certainly be a distraction from working.
I had the same type of issue with another die - and if you put it together wrong, it was very obvious in the final block. Fortunately I was using batiks so there was no "wrong" side.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I didn't find that in the instructions on the Hunter Star either and after making the first one and wondering why it didn't line up I analyzed how it needed to be done. Their instructions on the actual use of the dies leaves a little to be desired.

Katie said...

Very odd. It seems maybe there is a right and a left and maybe that is why the corners are lopped off? I'd expect, like you, there is a reason, but who knows?!

Jeanna said...

Oh I love those colors. Keep em going, these will make a beautiful quilt. What size are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...