Sunday, May 31, 2020

Batik Bentos -


I REALLY wanted to see what these Bento Boxes -

Would look like in BATIKS - ;))

The other "jelly roll" that I wanted to play with is actually a "flat-pack" -
By Island Batik - Glowing Embers -
That I showed you before - HERE -

Two sets of 20 strips -


Since I need two strips for each block -
20 blocks - layout 4x5 -
Approximately - 48"x 60" -

And the strips seem to contrast with each other as they are laid out -

I didn't get fancy -

I just took the top strip off the bottom row and put it at the other end -


Then peeled them off - two at a time -

Instant mix and match - LOL - ;))


I stitched up the first set of three -


And had the fourth one under the needle -


But since I wanted to play with all four at the same time -

I pressed the next pair of strips and sewed them together -

Using them as my TWEEN -
The stuff I sew beTWEEN other parts -

And that got the fourth one out from under the needle -


So I continued building the blocks -

Four at a time -

Using strip sets TWEEN them as needed - ;))

After I get the first batch pressed -

I'll show you the "glamour" shots tomorrow - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ooh those look pretty. But then you know how I love Island Batiks. I far prefer the strips with straight edges - like these- over the pinked edge strips- like the ones I used for my blocks.

Sherry said...

So you beat me to it. I have batik strips that I planned to use, but I am waiting on the delivery of a background fabric.

Now I will wait for your glamour shots to see if I want to go in that direction.

Guess I need to sew faster to keep up with you! LOL

Jeanna said...

I do love the batiks and I always appreciate how you explain your processes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...