Thursday, February 20, 2020

A carrot -


Dangled in front of me -

Sometimes persuades me to do something that I don't really want to do - ;))

I've been stalling when it comes to layering - basting - and quilting -

Those two Interweave quilts -

And I don't really know why -

So I found a "carrot" -

That will be my "reward" -

If I can get myself in gear -

A brand new flat-pack -

Island Batik - Glowing Embers -




I let myself open the package -

And I may pet the fabric -

And I may sort the strips -

But I'm trying to hold off on cutting them -

Until I get the Interweave quilts layered and basted -

After I do that -

I plan to do some "in-the-ditch" quilting -

And the batik strips will give me something pretty to play with for my posts -

Because the "quilting" will probably be boring -

At least that's what I told myself -

And it sounded really good in my head - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Barbara said...

I LOVE Island Batik fabrics. Have fun!

Sue said...

Gorgeous fabrics! Sometimes we just have to listen to the voices in our heads. 😉

Gene Black said...

Ooh pretty! I don't think I have seen that line. I see that it has two of the little circles I call "cheerios" I have had that in different colors. I find it fun to use.

Barb said...

I must be a carrot dangler as well....I am trying so hard to NOT start a new project....

Julie Fukuda said...

Might be tempted to take a bite... Better hide it out of sight.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...