Thursday, February 13, 2020

The binding - Round 2 -


I was all set to start sewing down the second side -


But wanted to double check that the binding would fold over enough -

Before I went too far -

I didn't want to have to "un-sew" any of it -

Sewing it down once is plenty for me - LOL -

And this was the perfect place to stop -

Since I had to cut the thread and re-position the quilt anyway -

So I flipped over some of the binding -

And stitched a little bit - with a big old "basting" stitch -


And checked the back -

A stitch line just outside the binding is good enough for me - LOL -


So then I finished sewing it down to the back - all the way around -


And will "join" the ends next - ;))


I think it's going to be pretty -

But I'm not going to rush it - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Sue said...

Best choice re. the tiny wobble. 😉

Gene Black said...

Yaay, you finally started it! It is looking good. I have to confess that once I start sewing the binding to the back, I can't stop until it is attached and the ends joined.

Barbara said...

I like your words “good enough for me”, that’s the way to peaceful satisfaction rather than OCD! Learned that from my daughter, bless her heart. :)

Barb said...

Going to be fabulous.....and no...sewing once is just fine with me....hate to be frogging it.

Sherry said...

Yay for you getting stuff done.

I finally finished the filing from 2019. . . tonight I get the joy of pulling all the records and totaling up everything so that we can get the taxes done on Saturday.

But after that I have a lot of plans. . . starting with a gift quilt that I plan on hand quilting. . .it is a small wall hanging but it is so darn cute I can't wait to show it. But my friend reads my blog so I can't show it until she gets it.

Have a great day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...