Monday, February 24, 2020

Two chores -


Took up my whole day - ;))

The first one was assembling the BLUE Chair -


It went together pretty easily -

Once I figured out what the deal was with the casters -

The first two snapped on pretty easily after I wiggled them a bit -

But the other three didn't want to play nicely -

So - what's a girl to do? -

YouTube to my rescue - LOL - ;))

I found a video showing how to replace the casters - HERE -

And saw what I was doing wrong -

Then remembered my Dad saying - "Anything is easy if you know how!" -

So now that I know HOW it goes together -

I think I could fix my RED chair with a set of new casters and a new "lift" -

I found the "parts" on Amazon for less than the cost of a new chair -

But I wondered there for a minute -

Because - the last time I looked -

The chair WITHOUT the seat back was more expensive -

Than the one WITH a back -

So I would have to pay EXTRA for them to NOT include the back - LOL - ;))

That's like paying EXTRA for them to leave the sugar OUT of the cookies - ;))

===

My second chore was a LOT more time-consuming -

And took the rest of the day -

But I can now say that my "tax organizer" is on its way to my accountant -

So - with two more "chores" OFF my "to do" list -

I plan to get back to pressing and fusing -

The Dear William Interweave quilt - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Barbara said...

So well done! Two BIG things, and with your usual humorous outlook, no less. I have to say, I don’t think I could have put that chair together. To be honest, if anything requires any kind of tool Use, I give the chore to my husband. Yes, even the suggested pliers to open my paint tubes. They work, but much better in my husband’s hands. Lol.

Gene Black said...

Yaay for a new chair. Congrats on getting it assembled without too much of a problem.

So many things cost more to repair than replace these days. EVEN if you are doing the work yourself. So it is good to know that you could fix the red chair if you wanted to.

And a big "Whoop whoop!" for getting the tax folder on its way to the accountant.

Sherry said...

Congratulations on the chair building exercise.

Congratulations on getting the taxes done. We are just waiting for the refunds to hit our account. I really hate doing taxes. . . but it was relatively painless, at least for this year. LOL

Looking forward to seeing what your quilting looks like.

Have a happy day.

Katie said...

The new chair looks happy! And your story of parts makes me laugh because we have a cat tree that is needing some repair, so I went looking for replacement parts. One cardboard tube covered in rope with plastic ends that allow it to be screwed in place is $24. A whole new tree costs what the four parts needed to repair this one will be. Silly.

Sue said...

Good on you getting the chair assembled.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...