Friday, February 7, 2020

Cutting the binding -


For my Floral Applique was the plan for today - ;))

I wanted to use the same GRAY as the backing fabric for the main part -

And the RED from the "Birds Nest/Roses block" for the "flange" -


But when I went to get the two large bins with the rest of the fabric for this quilt -
I found they were both buried under a bunch of other stuff that had been piled on top of them for years - and I really didn't feel like digging them out -

So I thought - "Oh, crap" -

And then I saw the RED fabric on the shelf!! -

YAY!! -

I had pulled it out at some point - and thankfully had not used it in another project - probably KNOWING that I was going to want/need it TODAY - LOL - ;))


So - I found my notes for my favorite binding method -

And cut the strips that I need -

And will be sewing them tomorrow -



And I have permission from my friend to tell you who she is -

Frog Quilter posted photos of my quilt on her blog - HERE -

She has been making "Quilty Hugs" for years - and giving them to chemo patients - in honor of her husband who also went through chemo treatments before passing in 2018. I started sending her some of my tops as "donations" to her cause - in honor of my husband - who died of cancer in 2014. I had fun playing with various tops and didn't have to worry about quilting them - I would send them to her - she would quilt them and then give them away - so I got my quilts quilted and she got tops as donations - it was a Win-Win - LOL - ;))

When she offered to quilt one for me - I knew exactly which one I wanted to send her - the one that had been waiting in the wings for her to do her "magic" -

And - BOY - did she deliver!!! -

To say that I'm over the moon - is an understatement -

She flat out - BLEW ME AWAY!! - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Nice write up. Thanks and so glad you like it.

Gene Black said...

Ooh, I like that for the binding/flange. It will be perfect.

Sue said...

Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...