Monday, February 17, 2020

Lazy day -


Sunday was a lazy day -

And I didn't sew a stitch - LOL - ;))

My friend stopped by to pick up her "re-covered" heating pad -

The fabric that I chose made her laugh -

And she likes it!! - YAY!! - ;))


===

On a totally different subject -

Way back when -

I told you about my New Chair - HERE -


I LOVE my RED chair -

The back broke the first time I leaned back in it - years ago -
But that's no biggie - it forces me to sit up straight - LOL -

And the seat is not padded -
It's made of "High Density Polymer" -
Translation - plastic - not metal - LOL -

But I like the "Comfort Molded Tractor Seat" -
It's REALLY comfortable -
For long hours of sewing and stuff -

And it "scoots" nicely between the sewing machine and ironing board -
On my laminated floor -

But - after all these years -

The pneumatic lift no longer works properly -

It has ONE height - the LOWEST possible position -
And it REFUSES to stay up where it's supposed to be -
Which is getting VERY annoying -

So I spent some time this afternoon looking for a replacement -

Shhh - don't let it know - or it'll stop "rolling" next -
Lately it likes to "shed" part of one caster wheel -
When I least expect it -
And I constantly have to "pop" it back on -

Anyway -

I found another one just like it on Amazon - in a Nautical Blue - HERE -

And I had to laugh -

The price differs according to the COLOR you want -

SAME chair + DIFFERENT color = DIFFERENT price -

I could order another Wine Red one for $51.14 -

Or I could get the Nautical Blue one for $41.84 -

And save about $10 -

The COLOR doesn't make it any more or less COMFORTABLE -

But it does make it more or less EXPENSIVE - LOL -

Then - if I want "expert assembly" -

It'll cost me another $70.79 -

For a $40 chair - LOL -

Nah - I don't think so -

I think I'll get the Nautical Blue one -

Save the extra $10 -

And pass on the "expert assembly" -

If I can't "assemble" it myself -

I'm pretty sure that I have some friends who could help me with it -

You know -

Maybe if I hemmed some of their pants -

Or re-covered a heating pad for them -

Just kidding -

My friends and I don't keep score - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Gene Black said...

It always fascinates me how color or size on Amazon can make a BIG difference in price. Also the prices change from day to day on some things. Your Blue chair is 48.73 for me today.

Katie said...

Price difference probably has to do work popularity, but I'm not sure if more popular means more expensive or the opposite. Ans following Gene's lead, I found the chair is the same price for me (way out here in the midwest), but if I want an expert to put it together, it runs up to $96.02. Good thing us midwesterners are good with our hands?!

Barbara said...

I love the heating pad fabric also! So adorable. Good luck with the sewing chair. Blue would suit me fine!

Sue said...

You'll have to let us know if the color makes a difference to your sewing. lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...