Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Moving right along -


I got the Dear William Interweave pinned -

With the "pin moors" -


They are much easier for me to use than safety pins -

And I like how the pins sit on TOP of the quilt -

Making them easy to remove, too -


Then I found a cone of GREEN thread -

And unwound some on top of the backing -

The thread looks darker on the cone -

But the unwound pile blends in pretty well - you can hardly see it -


My RED chair has found a new home -

It's the perfect height for my "in-the-ditch" quilting table -

And I was able to get several vertical rows quilted this afternoon -


My back sure does like the "sit-down" sewing - quilting stuff -

Better than the "stand-up" pressing - layering - fusing - pinning stuff -

It's too bad I can't do it ALL sitting down - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Barbara said...

Looking good! The thread is indeed a perfect match. I don’t know what pin moors are...

Gene Black said...

I don't like using pinmoors - I prefer a very light spray baste with some safety pins for added stability.
I guess that is why there are so many options. We each find what works for our style.
I am glad you got it basted and started. That thread does look perfect for the backing.

Katie said...

If you keep buying chairs (and now that you know how to get the casters on, this will be easier than before!), you COULD sit down for everything! I mean, ironing boards can be shortened and stuff! (I prefer the leverage of cutting standing up, but I have a very old school rotary cutter and though I have tried those that are supposed to be ergonomic and sit-down styles, I can't make them work as well for me!) You could get a whole rainbow of chairs. Organize them to use them in rainbow color order. Pressing in red, cutting in orange, sewing in yellow, quilting in green, binding in blue and blogging in purple!!!!!

Barb said...

One of my favorite Island Batik lines....love what you are doing

Julie Fukuda said...

Lookin' good! Wish I could make such good use of time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...