Sunday, May 24, 2020

Xob Otneb -


The plan for today was to finish the repeats for this block -

Now that I have my "system" down pat - LOL -


Press the two on the left -
Finish the one under the needle -


Stitch these up -


And continue on with those on the left for the next set of blocks -


All ready for the top piece -


Sewn on -


Pressed -
And ready to be sewn into half blocks -


But WAIT!!! -

It's BACKWARDS!! -

It's NOT a "Bento Box" -

It's a "Xob Otneb" - LOL - ;))


It should look like THIS!!-


In the photo below -
The one on top is what a LIGHT QUARTER block SHOULD look like -
And the LEFT one is what mine SHOULD look like -


But my "Xob Otneb" looks like the one on the RIGHT - and it's WRONG -

The FIRST piece - that little two patch - on the BOTTOM LEFT - is UPSIDE DOWN -
And I messed up BOTH sets -
Light AND dark TIMES SIX - UGH!! -

BOB - I thought you had your "system" down pat!! -
ME - I DID - yesterday - but I've slept since then - LOL - ;))

So Jack (my seam ripper) and I spent the afternoon together -
And we un-sewed them all - more quality time with my good friend - LOL -

Then we started over -

And laid them all out again the way they were supposed to go -


And sewed them together - like the top two -


There - MUCH BETTER - ;))


NOTE TO SELF - Pay attention!! -
It's a "simple" block - but don't get careless -
It's also VERY EASY to mess up - turn one piece upside-down -
Or sew something to the wrong side - and look what happens - LOL -
Leave a couple of the EXTRA ones out - for reference -
So you can compare them to what you're doing - as you go along -
And be glad you caught it before you did them ALL that way - LOL - ;))




Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

Oops! I do that all the time, if that helps you feel better :)

Gene Black said...

I have done that with a random quarter of a block, but not the whole thing. But I may have to draft up your version in EQ and see what quilt of them would look like. LOL

Katie said...

I'm with Gene...see how that "wrong" block plays out. It looks a bit like a snails trail to me and just might be super awesome as a whole quilt. Or it might flop. (Oh look, I made some work for you!) Off to sweep the porch and hang the quilts!

Frog Quilter said...

Your blocks are looking good. How many more to build?

Sherry said...

After you are done with your Bento Box you may want to play with your Xob Otneb....I am with everyone else...it looks interesting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...