Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Devon County Bento Box -


Should be pretty - ;))

I made a "test" block -

Bento Box - HERE -

And I like how it turned out -



Two strips make 4 little sections -

Four little sections make a 12-1/2" block that finishes at 12" -

I plan to make 30 blocks - 5 x 6 layout - 60" x 72" -

That should be a good size - ;))

I'm in such a habit of CUTTING ALL of the pieces for the blocks -

And stacking them on a cookie sheet to sew later -

That I know I'll be tempted to cut them all too soon -

But I have to WAIT this time -

Until AFTER I sew the dang strip sets together - ;))

After making the "test" block -

And - since I have the pairs already matched up -

I think I'll cut all of the 6-1/2" parts FIRST -

Keep the sets together -

Take them to the sewing machine to sew the strip sets together -

THEN cut the block sections as I go along -

Different block -

Different sequence - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Gene Black said...

I have a quilt kit, that I wasn't planning to make as the pattern. I think I will use it and make the same Bento Box pattern and we can compare the look in different fabrics. Mine are all solids. -unless I decide to add some extra fabrics to it. It will make a good comparison.

Barbara said...

A very sweet block! I love the size, and wish I could join in making this. No surprise that you have a partner in Gene who will make it in spite of different directions! Ever the rebel! Lol!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lately, when I make test blocks, I have been making 4 so I can see them all together joining. I get fooled by a gorgeous block when I see how they join, uh-oh.

Frog Quilter said...

Love it. I may have to make one too.

Sherry said...

Bento Box is on my list of quilts to make.

I love your sample block.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...