Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Extra Bentos -


My friend, Gene Black, posted images of some quilts he worked up in EQ using my "Xob Otneb" - HERE - we agreed that they would make your eyes hurt if you looked at them for long - LOL - ;))

The "regular" version of the blocks have enough "motion" for me -

And I want to play with the EXTRAS -

The EXTRAs are from the fourth jelly roll -
Since I only needed three jelly rolls (60 strips) for the big quilt top -
I decided to make some more Bento Boxes for a table topper -


I have nine sets of Lights and Darks -

But I want to mix them up a little this time -


So I arranged the Darks by value -
Darkest on top -
Medium in the middle -
Lightest on bottom -


Then I edited the photo to read as Black/White -
To see if I had the values in order from darkest to lightest -

And it looks pretty good to me -

But I think the third one in the middle row -
Should be swapped with the first one in the bottom row -


Now to mix them up - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Sherry said...

They are looking really good.

Gene Black said...

Thanks for the shout-out. It is always interesting to see how the lights and darks fall out when you use that camera "trick" as a value tool. I know that I was surprised on my current quilt when I did that.

Jeanna said...

You are making great use of those jelly rolls with the bento box pattern. Can't wait to see everything.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...