Sunday, May 3, 2020

Hunter Star -


I swear these guys look the same to me -

Frontwards -


And backwards -


Until you flip them over and try to match them -


Then you can tell that some of them aren't "right" -

Like the one on the RIGHT - LOL -


But if you match the top FLAT edge - it will work when you press it open -


And there IS a LEFT and RIGHT side to them -
Which I did NOT notice as I removed them from the die -

EVEN though the die instructions are CLEARLY labeled A - B - C - AR -
My pea brain totally missed the "R" part in the AR for REVERSE - LOL -

The A shape goes on the LEFT side of the trapezoid -
The AR shape goes on the RIGHT side of the trapezoid -

BUT it still doesn't say which way the FLAT end or the POINTY end go -
And because this is my "reference" post for this particular die -
NOTE TO SELF - FLAT end goes to the MIDDLE of the trapezoid - LOL - ;))

And - because I mistakenly thought they were the same shape -
By this time - I had them totally mixed up -


So -

Once I got them re-sorted -

I was moving right along -



Until I got to this guy -


Why do I ALWAYS seem to have something going the wrong way? -
Just keeping it "real" - showing my progress - warts and all - LOL -
NOTE TO SELF - Pay attention - sew WRONG sides together - LOL - ;))


So I fixed that one -
Right about the time my delivery arrived -

And then I added the top triangles -
Love how the dog-ears on the ends line up -


But I was worried about those angled dog-ears on the ends of the BLUE -


Until I pretended that I was going to sew them together -

And layered them -


And they matched -


On both ends -


I got the RIGHT ends on the BLUE ones -


And got ready to sew the LEFT ends on -


But decided to stop there for the day -


The YELLOW ones are done -


And I want to get back to the binding on Sunday -

Since I'm not expecting ANY more deliveries -

Until sometime next week - LOL -

So they can wait until I want/need to sit at my machine in front of the window -

To catch the delivery guy when he drops off a package -

In case he doesn't knock on the door - or ring the doorbell -

To let me know that I have a package waiting to be stolen - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Sherry said...

I like your fabrics...very pretty.

One of my quilt shops is doing a stitch a long and it requires strip piecing. I am using my scraps...but, of course, the longest strips that I sewed together were sewn right side to wrong side....so Jack the Ripper and I got a bit of "us" time. LOL

Have a lovely Sunday.

Katie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that! Usually means I need to take a break. But the pieces are looking good and coming together nicely. You're going to have a beautiful quilt here in no time!

Gene Black said...

It is amazing how some of the die pieces can look so close to the same that we mix them up. The spiderweb die has notches on a couple of pieces. Those have to go the right way too....or you get left with a mess. LOL... I know because I messed it up the first time.

Barbara said...

TMI! Lol! I’m leaving before I get a hurty head. Haha. I do like your fabrics though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...