Monday, May 4, 2020

Hunter Star #2 -


So I changed my mind -

Surprise - surprise - LOL -

And I finished the BLUE ones -
Instead of sewing the binding on my Interweave quilts -


Then I decided to play with some arrangements -
A little mix and match -
Before I sewed the blocks together -

#1 - Traditional layout -
Four 6" blocks make one big 12" block -


#2 - Same as #1 but I reversed the BLUE/YELLOW -
in each smaller block -



#3 - YELLOW to the center - top/bottom -


#4 - Quarter turn - BLUE to the center - top/bottom -


#5 - BLUE blocks in the top left/bottom right corners -


#6 - Quarter turn - YELLOW blocks in the top left/bottom right corners -


#7 - Turn them again - like Barb (Bejeweledquilts by Barb) did - HERE -


#8 - Quarter turn - like Barb (Bejeweledquilts by Barb) did - HERE -


Barb put together 4 big 12" blocks to make a VERY NICE Blue/White table topper -

But for this "test" -

I'm only going to make one 12" block -

For a mini-placemat for one of my kitchen counter-top appliances -

So my favorite is still #4 -

#4 - Quarter turn - BLUE to the center - top/bottom -


Which one do YOU like best? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Barbara said...

I really like the last photo! Fun to play.

Gene Black said...

There are lots of fun options. I like them all. I loved Barb's version on her big quilt - but I like your colors better. ;-)
If it were for me, I would say do Barb's version #8 and bind it in the same blue fabric. But you should make the one that makes you happy - or do a couple so you can change them out.

Sherry said...

I really like your fabrics.

As to which option...hmmm....I like them all and could not make a decision of a favorite.

Thank you for the eye candy.

Cindy Quilts said...

They are all pretty! Isn't it fun to play?! That will be a nice mat for your counter.

Sue said...

I rhunk they all look fab! The blue fabric is pretty and you nailed the contrast between the light and dark. It's going to ge a lovely mat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...