Sunday, October 30, 2022

More decisions -

 
 
This time I'm looking at my thread choices - 
 
First I thought that I would use BLACK thread - 
 
But then I found these two GRAYS - 
 



The LIGHT GRAY blends right in with everything except the BLACK fabrics - 

So I thought that I would use that - 
 
To hide all of my boo-boos - 

But now I'm thinking that I might actually want to SEE what I'm doing - 

So I'm leaning more to the darker one instead  -
 
I know I'm stalling - 
 
But this isn't a race - 
 
Or a competition - 
 
And I'm having FUN - 
 
So it's all good - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later -gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think I prefer the darker gray also. Will it work with the "Halloweenie" top also?

Katie said...

I prefer the lighter. From here, it looks like that darker grey doesn't coordinate with anything else, if that makes sense. I get the wanting to see things, but that lighter grey will probably stand out more when you've got your face right down there. It will blend with the background grey, yes, but that doesn't seem like such big stretches that you'll lose your place. Give it a try...no one says you have to quilt the whole quilt with the same thread. If it's awful, switch at the end of a row or block or bobbin. In the end, no one but you will notice and if you can live with that, I'm sure the rest of us (who won't even know) can also live with it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is the problem, to see the thread and know where you have quilted you need contrast but to let the piecing and the fabrics be the star you are better with one that blends in. With busy fabrics a secondary design in dark thread might just be distracting in the finished quilt.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Either will look terrific in a different way. Just have fun quilting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...