Saturday, October 8, 2022

Two more -

 
 
Miles of binding - 
 
For my Antique Squirrel - BIG BROTHER version
 
Is ready to go - 
 
It's not really "miles" -
But binding always seems to be so long it might as well be -  LOL -
 
 
And two more rows are quilted - 
 
On my Upstairs/Downstairs - Wild Things
 
Row #3 was stitched left to right - 
Row #4 was stitched right to left - 
 
It might be a southpaw thing - 
But stitching it from right to left seems to be easier for me -

 
And I only have two more rows to go - 


This frame is the PERFECT size for my Upstairs/Downstairs quilts - 

They come out to 60" x 80" (10" blocks - 6 x 8 layout) - 

And loading it sideways allows me to quilt one long row at a time - 

Then I only have to quilt 6 long rows instead of 8 short ones - YAY!! -

This quilt has taken a while -
But it "marinated" for a time while I decided how I wanted to quilt it - 
The actual quilting has gone pretty quickly (after my "chores") -

If I had tried to quilt this on my other frame - 
It would have taken me f.o.r.e.v.e.r. - 
And I would have spent a lot of that time re-hooping it - 

I am SO glad I upgraded to this frame - 

It suits my needs SO much better than the other one - 

And this machine is PERFECT for me -
 
It has a 15" inch throat that gives me a 12" deep work space - 
 
And that's about as far as I can reach sitting down - 
 
So this combination of machine and frame suits me just fine -
 
I'm REALLY looking forward to getting my tops quilted - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

4 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

I'm so glad your machine and especially the frame is working out for you! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun.

Gene Black said...

Yes, binding does always seem very long. Of course I almost always make it too long anyway.

I am happy that you are so pleased with the new frame. It certainly seems to be working well for you.

I think that I generally stitch right to left - given the choice. But then, on the domestic, I have to go whatever direction I can go at that moment.

Katie said...

Hooray for a perfect fit! Hooray for a quilt almost finished quilting! Boo for miles of binding, but hooray for it being finished! (My day has not been filled with any exciting milestones, but I had to work, so that's my excuse.)

Sue said...

I like hand sewing binding onto the back of wall hangings etc but the rest of it is a chore. Im excited for you re the new frame. You're doing marvelously with it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...