Thursday, October 13, 2022

Unloading - Part 2 -

 
 
After I unzipped and removed the zipper from the bottom of the backing - 
 
Of my Upstairs/Downstairs - Wild Things
 
I unrolled the quilt into the hammock - 
 
Which sure came in handy to keep it all "contained" and off the floor - 
 
 
That exposed the top leader cloth - 

 
And the zipper at the top - 

 
So it was a simple matter to just unzip it - 

 
And then to unbaste the zipper - 

 
But I went to the other side of the table to do that - 
 
And was sure glad I basted it using RED thread - 
 
Which made it SO much easier to see - 


 
Then I checked the backing - 
 
To see how straight that off-center panel was - 
 
And it seemed to be fairly straight -  

Which was a good sign that I DID load it straight - YAY!! -


 
Then it was time to trim it - 

 
Now I need to bind it - 

And load another one - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Sue said...

You're just flying along. There will be a giant stack of finished quilts before you know it. 😉

Gene Black said...

Great! I love that the hammock serves double duty also. A big Yay for a loading it straight so that the back design worked out.

Katie said...

I'm glad the loading was straight. I often wonder about mine, but so far nothing has fallen apart, so I guess I'm doing good enough? (Also, the quilts still keep me warm and the cats still join me when I add one to my lap, so all the important measures have been covered!) I don't have the hammock, but leaned, kinda by accident, that if I remove the end of the quilt first from the leader cloth and flop it onto the table, then I can unroll the top half from the take-up leader/bar and it folds up on itself back on the table, keeping it off the floor. But I also climb between the rails to do that part...something I'm not sure you'd be able to do. (Some days I wonder if I'll be able to do it...long stressful quilts do that to me!) We all figure out what works for us, quilt police be darned!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...