Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Staging -

 
 
I am SO glad that I opted for the table inserts - 
 
When I upgraded my frame - 
 
They SURE come in handy when I need a LONG flat surface - 
 
To "stage" my projects - 
 
 
My tops are -
 
Simply Woven - 60" x 60" - 
 
Halloweenie Interweave - 48" x 56" - 
 
And my backing was 108" x 108" -
 
So I tore it down to 70" x 108" - 
 
And folded it - right sides together - to check the 70" width again - 
 
The right side has a couple of extra inches - so that's good -

 
The left side needs to be straightened - 
 
But it also has a couple of extra inches - so it's good, too - 

 
 
The photo I showed yesterday makes the backing look GRAY - 
 
 
But it really is BLACK with GRAY branches here and there - 
 
And it looks good with all of the GRAY in Simply Woven

 
And it's mostly BLACK -
 
So it looks good with Halloweenie Interweave, too - 

 
The plan is to load the backing sideways -
 
And to add a vertical spacer strip to make it long enough to handle both quilts - 

One right after the other - 

Without me having to "reload" a new backing for the second one - 

I have an "extra" piece of BLACK from my Upstairs/Downstairs - Wild Things -
 
And I have leftovers from Simply Woven - 
 
So I'm going to add strips to the sides of the "extra" BLACK piece -

And make a vertical panel and insert it into the backing before I "load" it - 

I also have an extra piece of batting from my Upstairs/Downstairs - Wild Things -

So I can stitch that to a new batting to make that longer, too - 

I haven't decided which one I want to quilt first - 

But the "spacer" will be in the section for the Simply Woven quilt - 

The Halloweenie Interweave is all strips and squares - 

And would probably look better if the backing was one solid piece of fabric -
 
Any backing seams would be really noticeable if they weren't perfectly straight - 
 
So - I have my plan - 
 
Now I just have to DO it - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Great! It is nice to have a plan that you can follow.

I honestly thought the backing fabric was a greyed lavender. Black makes sense for both of those tops.

Jeanna said...

Sounds like a good plan. You really have this quilting frame figured out. My girlfriend has one but I can't, for the life of me, use it. I can't get my stitch lengths consistent. And she has to do the loading...whew!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...