Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Similar -

 
 
But not the same - 
 
Today's version has the top and batting tucked inside the hammock - 
 
But neither the batting nor the top is stitched down yet - 
 
 
Last night - after football - and writing up yesterday's post -
 
Somehow I got the machine carriage off the track -
It wouldn't move from side to side -
I was able to fix it -
But not before BOB said some "not nice" words - LOL -

I think I messed up when I tried to use the channel lock in the back of the carriage -
I couldn't remember if it was the one that kept the machine from going side to side (it is) - 
Or the one that kept the machine from going front to back (which is the one I wanted) -
So I tried it first - 
 
Now I know that it's the one that keeps it from going from side to side -
To help me stitch a "vertical" line - which I will rarely use - 
 
AND - I learned - the hard way -
That it's the one that - if I mess with it -
Will somehow get the carriage off the track -
 
SO I don't think I'll be using that one!! - LOL -

The channel lock on the machine by the right rear wheel - 
Is the one that will let me stitch horizontal straight lines - 
Across the width of the quilt top - 
 
THAT is the one I think I'll use a lot -
And NOW I will remember which one it is - 
So it's all good - LOL - 
 
This morning I re-positioned the batting and the quilt top -
That I had removed to fiddle with the carriage -
 
I had also unzipped the back side of the backing for easier access - 
That was EASY to re-zip back into place - I think it took all of two seconds -

Anyway - I was ready to stitch down the batting - 
But wasn't in the mood to mess with it today - 
After my frustration level maxed out last night -
 
 
So I stitched the ends of the long binding strips together - 
 
For my Antique Squirrel - BIG BROTHER version -


Tomorrow I'll try to do some quilting - 

But I make no promises - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

It looks great with the hammock in place. Everything looks neat and tidy.

I am sure you will be inspired to get to the quilting now.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I wasn't kidding when I said this has a steep learning curve. I think I made every mistake in the book except sewing my hand. You will figure it out and it will work out and you will make beautiful quilting.

Jeanna said...

Well, you are learning a lot. And, you have 'other' things to do while the quilting simmers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...