Wednesday, June 13, 2018

A little cutting -


After I decided to audition some fabrics for my Blue Floral Crumb Squares -

Realizing a little too late that I would barely have enough of the Steel Blue for the sashing strips and would run out before I got to the side triangles and corners - ;))

Funny how it looks so BLUE on a lighter Gray -


And so GRAY on a brighter Blue -


And BLUE again on a darker Gray -


Then I thought I would try a GREEN - just because -


And it doesn't look that bad - but not that great either -


So then I tried a GOLD -


Which would need a different color for the center square -


And then back to a GREEN - more muted this time -

It's actually the green version of the GOLD fabric above -


And decided to go with that -


So I "Cut and Kitted" what I needed for each set of blocks -

And put them in baggies in groups of 5 -

Seems easier to keep track of them that way -


I also cut the side triangles (QST) and the corners (HST) while I was at it - ;))

What were the deciding factors in going with the muted GREEN? -

It reminds me of one of the shirts my husband used to wear with THIS TIE -

And I have LOTS of it -

So there was NO chance of running out before I got all of the pieces cut - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Jeanna said...

Great choice. I look forward to seeing it come together.

Julie Fukuda said...

That blue floral looks like something I have in my stash. Well, the scrappy one is still in the hoop so I won't be starting something else this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...