Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Yesterday's Squirrel's brother -


Or maybe it's his sister -

Or his cousin -

I'm not sure -

But I KNOW they're related somehow - LOL - ;))

Yesterday I said that I might try the "Swoon" block by Camille Roskelley again -

BUT that -
I certainly wouldn't try to cut it from Fat Quarters -
And then BOB said - Why not? -

What if you COULD cut it from Fat Quarters? -

Try it - what have you got to lose? -

Other than a couple of Fat Quarters? -

And it's not like you don't have any - LOL - ;))

So - now I'm chasing Yesterday's Squirrel's brother -

I pulled some batik Fat Quarters from my stash -


Chose some that I thought would work - and that were close enough that I could substitute a "similar" color if I messed up or ran out of fabric - so that it wouldn't be a total waste of time - and I would still end up with another "Swoon" block -


Narrowed it down to these three - with the other three as "back-up" -


Then I played with re-drafting MY WAY to use Fat Quarters -

And I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play with cutting it -

Because - by the time I caught up on some of my regular blog reading -
it was time to fix dinner and write up this post -

And if you haven't seen it yet - please stop by Julie's blog for her posts on the Yokohama Quilt Festival in Tokyo - to see some AMAZING quilts!! -

I left her a comment -
WONDERFUL!! - As always!! - I got behind in reading all of my regular blogs - and was "saving" yours and your "Quilt Show" for today. Thank you for sharing all of the AMAZING quilts - they are SO GORGEOUS - and so VERY humbling to a so-so quilter like me - ;))
I am so NOT in their league - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Katie said...

I debated figuring out how to redraft cutting to use the no-waste flying geese ans such for Swoon, but impatience won out...and heck, I'd paid for those instructions, so why not use them?! Your fabrics are beautiful, but if you're not careful, you're going to have a whole Swoon quilt...

Jeanna said...

I love batiks and you've selected some nice ones for your next Swoon block.

Julie Fukuda said...

I selected six fabrics for my swoon and like the results ... two each of dark, medium, and light. I chose music prints so I was more concerned about running out of fabric but in the end, there was enough to do a bit of fussy cutting. I love those batiks and would have a hard time deciding on just three.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...