Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Caught the Squirrel -


And it looks pretty good to me - ;))

I made a "Swoon" block by Camille Roskelley using the Blue Floral and the Sage Green and the "matching" Gold version of the Sage Green as the "background". I only made one "test" block to incorporate into the backing of my Blue Floral Crumb Square quilt top. It's a little "low contrast" - but that's OK. I was really "testing" whether or not MY WAY would work - and it did - ;))


Would I make a whole quilt using this block? -

Maybe -

BUT - no offense to the designer -

I certainly wouldn't try to cut it from Fat Quarters -

Nor would I use her method(s) of constructing the HST and Flying Geese -

I would do it MY WAY -

It's easier - at least for me - ;))

===

And on a personal note -

The entire month of June has been difficult for me these past few years -

Tuesday marks the fourth anniversary of the day my husband died -

And though the rest of the year has our anniversary - birthdays - and holidays -

Those don't bother me as much because I have a lot of memories of good times -

The month of June is different -

In years past I tended to relive his "last days" and it was not pleasant -

So this year I tried something different -

I have been posting daily as a way to keep myself busy and "distracted" -

And it has helped a LOT -

Thanks to all of you guys and your comments -

And your Squirrels -

So - THANK YOU!! - ;))

We were married for over 39 years -
And on the day he died - I posted My Guy as a tribute -
And I miss him E.V.E.R.Y. S.I.N.G.L.E. D.A.Y. -

Lari White has a song that pretty much says how I feel these days -
I always wondered how I'd live without you
If you ever said goodbye
Would I just live in dreams about you
With tears in my eyes
Would I fall to pieces when you go
I always wondered how I'd live without you
Now I know -

I'm doing alright
I'm strong enough to make it on my own
I'm not afraid of the night
I'm learning how to face it alone
I've been good at holding on
Now I'm learning to let go
I always wondered how I'd live without you
Now I know -
Lari White - Now I Know - Lyrics are HERE -
Songwriter(s): Chick Rains, Don Cook, Cindy Greene
Record Label(s): 1994 BMG Entertainment





Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



7 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Sending big hugs to you.

Sherry said...

I like the colors you used. Cool block.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Thank you for sharing with us. Thank you for doing something- your sewing and your blog- and giving out instead of curling up in a ball. You are a very special person and grief is tough to endure.

Cindy Quilts said...

I love the Swoon block, very pretty! I understand your grief. I lost my brother last year at the end of May. That time had always been a time for anticipation of care-free summer days, spending time with family and enjoying doing the things I haven't had time for during the school year. Last summer that joy was certainly gone and I am having a hard time with it again this year. Thankful to have quilting to keep busy. Prayers for you to find peace in the wonderful, happy memories you have.

Katie said...

Big hugs! I think you're doing a good thing trying to keep busy and focus on the good stuff. And if blogs start to fail you for squirrels, there's always pinterest! The block looks great!

Julie Fukuda said...

The first time I saw that swoon block on someone's post, I sketched it out on my graph-paper notebook and have made 18 inch blocks several times to make cushion covers for the choir chairs. One of these days I expect it to get into a whole quilt.

Jeanna said...

Sending hugs and prayers your way, my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...