Saturday, June 30, 2018

Squirrel's Batik Brother #2 -


After I finished my chores -

I cut another set of Fat Quarters -

Using one of my strip dies -


But I didn't get much sewing done -


The FUN part is deciding which fabric I want to use for the "Star" -

And I'm trying to get my cutting sequence more organized -

How many of "what" can I get from this pair of strips? -

Should I cut "these" and "those" or cut "these" and "something else"? -

Which combo will be best so I don't waste fabric and/or come up short? -

Then I keep "re-counting" to make sure that I have all the pieces I need -

Especially when I don't get as many from a set of strips as I thought I would -

So - when I get that perfected -

These should go MUCH faster - ;))

Chain piecing is great -

Once I have the pieces cut - they're ready to sew - ;))

More chores are planned for tomorrow -

So we'll see how much sewing I can get done - if any -

And whether or not I'll have another finished block to show you - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looking forward to seeing what you get accomplished! The fabric is gorgeous!!

Julie Fukuda said...

My challenge with that block was getting all the triangles facing in the right direction, I guess with a batik you could just flip it over.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...