Friday, June 29, 2018

Sewed the block -


For the Squirrel's Brother - ;))



I sorted the rest of the Batik Fat Quarters that I pulled the other day -


And should have enough to make a total of ten blocks for two tops -

6 blocks - set 2 x 3 = 48" x 72" - a nice lap size -

4 blocks - set 2 x 2 = 48" x 48" - a nice table topper size -

The backgrounds will all be different because I decided to use Fat Quarters instead of yardage -

Some blocks will be high(er) contrast -

And some blocks will be "blendy" -

But that's the FUN part of using Batiks -

The color ranges are beautiful -

The combinations are interesting -

And the finished blocks should be a pleasant surprise - ;))

Some of you may remember that I WAS playing with the backing for my Blue Floral Crumb Squares when I saw THIS Squirrel's brother on Katie's blog - HERE - and decided to chase him - caught him - and then decided to chase THIS one. Now that I finished the first block - and sorted the Fat Quarters for the next ones - I have yet ANOTHER work in progress -

And you wonder why I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many UFOs - ;))

It's those dang Squirrels -

I can't quit chasing them -

And BOB says it's good exercise - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I did three sample blocks for three different quilts yesterday. I liked them all, so I guess I have a squirrel problem also.

Sherry said...

Your blocks are going to be beautiful. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

I hope you don't try to catch any more squirrels..........LOL

Cindy Quilts said...

I LOVE that batik block! I have a squirrel problem too, but isn't it fun?!

Katie said...

Sorry not sorry about my escaping squirrels! The block looks great and your fabrics pulled for others are beautiful. I'm hoping for no July squirrels here...

Jeanna said...

Oh yes! Nice block, I love batiks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...