Saturday, June 16, 2018

More sewing -

Finished up the "Blue" blocks for my Blue Floral Crumb Squares -


Then I got the "alternate" blocks this far -

And took a break -


Then finished them up after dinner - ;))


Tomorrow is "pressing" and then the design wall -

But I may skip the design wall altogether because there are only TWO blocks -

And they basically all look the same -

And I know the layout I'm going to use -

So there isn't much to "design" - LOL -

And why put them up on the wall only to take them down again to sew them together? -

I think I'll just put the rows up as I make them -

To keep track of where I am in the sequence - ;))

And I do believe this is one of my FAVORITE patterns/layouts of all time -

For those of you who may have missed previous mentions of the "source" -

My layout is a simple re-do of something I had seen on AllPeopleQuilt -
HERE - Inspired by Stamp Of Approval from Designer Tonya Alexander (EyeCandyQuilts - blogspot - com)

This works REALLY well with "Crumb" blocks -

But it also works with a busy floral like this one -

And using "one fabric" instead of "Crumb" blocks is a LOT faster -

Especially if you want some "mindless" sewing for whatever reason - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I agree that it is a great layout with lots of possible variations. I have thought that a sampler quilt with the four corners of the alternate blocks being the sampler blocks would be cool as a variation on this theme. (Like you need more to keep you busy- LOL)

Jeanna said...

Can't wait to see rows of these on your wall. Ahhh yes, the crumb blocks...well, I still have started those but you and Gene have inspired me. Maybe soon...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...