Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Layouts -


Can be fun -

Or they can be frustrating -

Depending on my mood -

On any given day -

Today was a mixture of both - ;))

When I finally cleared off the kitchen island - I laid out all of the 4-patches first -
then filled in with the 2-patches - according to the pattern diagram - some vertical - some horizontal -


And I had a few left over for the far left column that doesn't fit on the island -


I like laying them out on the island first before I put them up on the wall because I can slide them around and stand at the end of the counter to get the "overall" view - when they get to the big design wall in the hallway - I can't stand back very far - the other wall is in my way - LOL - ;))

So then I re-arranged some of them -

Trying to keep the polka dots and stripes evenly distributed -

And those "splotches" of purple tone-on-tone away from each other -

But as soon as I moved one - I wound up moving 4 more -


I alternated the colors on the 4-patches -

But I'm not sure which color should go where when I'm laying out the 2-patches - and there are 4 rectangles of each fabric - so when I place a 2-patch - I have to keep BOTH fabrics/colors away from their friends - and that's not as easy as it sounds -

After a while - I decided I needed a "vertical" view - and knew it wouldn't all fit - but I moved the top few rows to the smaller design wall in my "studio" because I can stand back on the other side of the room - and it gives me a whole new perspective. Some of the blue/purple ones read as solid purple - and it needs more tweaking - there's a lot going on in this one - ;))


I may try playing with it in sections -

And I still have to add all of the BIG squares -

So this may take a while - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I really like the second "Island picture." (right after you said "I wound up moving four more." )

I suggest that you don't overthink it. It already looks great to me.

Katie said...

I'm with Gene - just sew it together! You're gonna drive yourself batty (short trip, I know!) with this layout stuff!!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Yep. Move one, and then four more ... been there, done that, and got the merit badge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...