Saturday, November 24, 2018

My friend Jack -


And I spent some quality time together today - ;))

Jack is the name I gave my handy-dandy seam ripper -

He helped me "un-sew" everything I had sewn yesterday -

Because I forgot to change the needle position -

To get my "scant" 1/4" seam allowance - ;))


I have my little sticker to remind me to change the needle position to 4.0 -


But maybe I need something to remind me to LOOK AT THE STICKER -

Before I start to sew - LOL - ;))

Anyway - this time I actually LOOKED at the sticker on my machine -

Changed the setting -

And resewed the ones I had sewn yesterday -


I should have known something was wrong when my center rows of three squares weren't matching up to the side rectangles - but it didn't "register" - oh,well - ;))

Hopefully - I will pay attention to that little sticker when I do this next batch -


Or Jack and I will have another play date - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Katie said...

You see that sticker every time you sew...it's become part of the norm, so it makes sense that you no longer pay attention to it! Just call those you're ripping practice...

Gene Black said...

If you ALWAYS use that machine for piecing (and nothing else) - you could put the 4 on a piece of cardstock and always put it UNDER the foot. That way you would have to move it to sew--and when you pick it up - you change the setting.

Linda Swanekamp said...

When you sew on machines that are vintage, like my Singer 301s, there is no needle moving issue. I did not have enough coffee to get who Jack was the first read. Got it now.

Jeanna said...

That Gene...he IS the most smartest.

Julie Fukuda said...

My seam ripper is sitting here beside me saying it wants a real name too, as it has joined the crew and become part of the family ... and it just rook the hem out of my jeans so I could shorten them. Luckily, hand sewing I don't get quite that far.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...