Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Test blocks -


Blocks #1 and #2 -

For my Jiffy Jelly™ Quilt -

The FREE Pattern by Moda - HERE -


Each strip gives me enough pieces to make two blocks -

And I need to switch out the middles with those from another strip -

So I made a "design decision" - LOL - to cut them in pairs and make sets of 4 -


That way - I can keep the strips folded -

Cut what I need from two strips at a time -

And keep the sets together for sewing 4 blocks at a time -


I have 2 rolls of 20 fabrics each - so the first roll is paired up one way -

The second roll may or may not be paired up the same way -

I'll decide when I get that far -

By that time - I might want to switch it up a little - ;))

One tip though -

When you trim the selvage ends -

Make sure you get BOTH of them on that first cut - LOL -

Because you won't have enough strip left to cut another patch - ;))


I used this one as the center of Block #2 -

I figured that was where it would cause the least amount of trouble - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Barbara said...

Adorable! I love the green and white against each other In these.

Gene Black said...

Nice! I think these are going to make a lovely quilt top. Could you change out the centers as you are cutting and kitting it?
I hope I can kit mine up as neatly when I make one.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great block and idea. Look forward to seeing more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...