Monday, March 4, 2019

And a little applique -


In the form of some Dresden Plates that I found -

That are supposed to be appliqued to 14-1/2" blocks -


But they're not that straight -

And they're a little big to try to applique to an even larger block -

So I think I have a better idea -

I'm going to "un-sew" them into quarters -


And then stitch them to a variety of 10" squares -

On the days when I don't want to match any seams -

And feel like doing some fancy machine applique -


And if I put one on each of two corners -


They should be easy enough to arrange -

Into something pretty - ;))




Talk to you late - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Hmmmm... Doing them that way, you could do a drunkards path type layout with them when the blocks are finished.

Katie said...

Were those Dresden plates once a shrink-wrapped, cardboard-backed set of pieces? They look very much like some my mom bought (in the manner of precuts mentioned above) in the 80! But I like what you're doing with them. It should be pretty and feminine when you're done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...