Sunday, March 10, 2019

Six more -


GREEN ones -


While I ponder what size to make the center circle appliques for the Dresden Plates -


The circle for the CENTER plate will be easy enough to determine - I just have to fuse some stuff to the back of some fabric and cut out a circle - then applique it over the "hole" in the middle -

But since I want them all to look like they are the same size -

The circles for the quarter plates will have to be bigger than the one I use in the CENTER plate - because they will have to be cut in quarters and need seam allowances on the two flat sides -

The circles for the "twosies" can be the same size as the CENTER one - but will have to be cut 1/4" past the center to allow for the seam allowance on the bottom - if that makes sense - ;))

I think that I can use 2" circles for the CENTER plate - and "twosies" -

And 3" circles for the quarter plates - by the time I cut one into quarters and allow for seam allowances - it should come up to the same size as the 2" circle with NO seam allowances -

I may be over-thinking the whole thing -

So - I'll sleep on it and test it tomorrow - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Hmmmm... making them the same size didn't occur to me. If I were doing this, I hope that it would have. But, I do tend to quilt by the seat of my pants (without too much planning.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...