Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Another choice -


For the Dresden Plate center circles -

In addition to the three I offered the other day -

The Blue - Brown - and Green -


Was suggested by Gene -

When he pointed out the yellow/gold in this photo - on the left -


I can't use it because it's the background square for one of the Dresden quarter plates - and I only have two 10" squares of it -


But I thought I had a batik in my stash that was similar to it - color-wise -

So I checked and found this one -


I really didn't consider using a lighter color because I want/need something that won't let the darker colors show through -

So I tested it on this Red background -


And I think that the density of the batik fabric and a layer of fusible -

Will help hide the darker colored background fabrics -


So it might be a good choice for the centers -


Then I found a lighter blue/turquoise batik that's another possible maybe -

So I scattered some of the plates/backgrounds around to compare the two -


What do you think? -

Do you like one of these better than the Blue - Brown - Green? -

Should I keep looking? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Sherry said...

I like the blue better because it looks lighter. But I still think they are too dark for the fans.

Would it be an option to turn under the center and appliqué it to the background square?

Gene Black said...

I like the new blue as much as I like the gold. You could alternate them.

Rebecca said...

I think you should use all the colors you have picked out or a deep rich chocolate brown

Katie said...

I like the new blue best. I liked the idea of yellow, bit seeing it next to the backgrounds, it almost looks muddy. The other colors are much richer, so the blue looks better to me. But this could go on forever and eventually you're going to have to cut SOMETHING!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...