Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Two blocks -


First a yellow one to go with the blue one -


Turned the "other" way -


Then a red one -


Turned the "other" way -


I didn't trim the background blocks behind the applique -

Because I want the polyester/cotton blend Dresden Blades to have a nice foundation -

And - Yes - they were once a shrink-wrapped, cardboard-backed set of pieces - and I probably did get them back in the 80s - they have been in my stash f.o.r.e.v.e.r. - so it's about time I put them to good use -

The "centers" that show through may be covered with a "circle" -

If/when I decide what color to use -

Or I may trim the centers of the "blades" nicely and applique them down, too -

Haven't decided yet - and there's no hurry - so I'll worry about that later - LOL - ;))

They're not fast -

But they are FUN -

And if I turn them the "other" way -

There are no seams to match - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Gene Black said...

ooh... I like them on the various colors of background fabric. This will be a very pretty quilt.

Frog Quilter said...

This will be a BEAUTFUL quilt when finished! Very soothing. BTW your top is on the frame....

Rebecca said...

I love what you are doing with those "oversize Dresden's"
So much fun!I think I would have thought to say with the softer colors but I love what happened with that pop of red!

Sherry said...

Your blocks are looking very nice.

I look forward to watching this project grow. . . just like all the others you have shown us.

Barb said...

This looks like my kind of fun, can I come play?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...