Sunday, March 17, 2019

Happy St. Patrick's Day - 2019 -


The Dresden Plate applique was getting tedious -

And today is St. Patrick's Day -

So I took a break and decided to play with the GREEN blocks - ;))


I sewed the first two columns -

And should be able to get the rest of the top together today -

Good thing the blocks are semi-random -

Because I think I already mixed some of them up - LOL - ;))


That was after I fused and cut out the circles for the Dresden Plate centers -


I'm glad that I took the die out of the package before I cut the fabric to lay over the two largest circles - because the die is NOT laid out the same way as the picture on the front of the package -


They must have changed it between the "photo op" and the making of the die -

Personally - I think the "photo op" layout makes more sense -

Cut the strips the size you need to cover the circles you want -

And fan-fold them across the die - back and forth -

Not over one quarter of the die - if you only want one size -

But then again - it's probably just me - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Hmm..you are right. The other layout for the die makes a lot more sense for cutting. I wonder if there was an issue with the outside edges of the big circles with the other layout.

I don't think anyone will really notice a slight mix-up with the green squares.

Julie Fukuda said...

Nice touch of green for the occasion!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...