Saturday, March 9, 2019

Four more -


Background squares and one BIG Dresden Plate -

Make a FULL center circle -

And it wasn't anywhere near the pain that I thought it would be - LOL - ;))


I appliqued one BIG circle starting on this side -


And went around -


Clockwise -


Around the top - and back to the side -


Even the center lines lined up nicely - (see what I did there - hehe) - ;))


I think it will make a nice center - thanks to Katie - who suggested making a center circle and working my way out - and Gene - who kindly pointed out that I would only have to applique ONE big block and could set the other ones around it - ;))


So I took their suggestions and tried it out -

I used the blue one from yesterday -


And unpinned the second quarter plate from the green one from yesterday -

And added a yellow block and an orange one -


I decided to applique the outer quadrant of each block first -

When I realized that sewing those "later" would shove the bulk of the block under the throat of the machine and I could mess up my pretty center - unless I completely reversed the direction I sewed them - and that was more than my brain wanted to deal with at the time - LOL - ;))


So then I sewed the four blocks together -

And - wouldn't you know -

Just because the "center" will more than likely be covered by a "circle" applique -

It came out PERFECTLY!! - ;))


The green pile in the back are pinned "twosies" -

The light green one in the front is ready to be sewn -


The yellow on the left is waiting for the one that is under the needle at the moment -

The gold one on the right will be paired with the light green one above -


The other sets of two are waiting their turn -


So it looks like D3 won the lottery - LOL - ;))

It only takes one center circle - DONE - YAY!! -

And ten "twosies" - almost done -


Then the rest of them don't need to be "matched" -

So they should sew up nicely -

And this is a whole LOT more fun -

Than futzing playing with my new computer - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Yaay! I love that layout, so I am glad that it won.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...