Sunday, March 3, 2019

Cut and kitted -


Each baggie has the parts for three blocks -


After I matched up the cut sets -


I made one set of GREEN ones with the LIGHT/WHITE as the constant that will run down the diagonal in each block -



The pattern is by Missouri Star Quilt Co. - Crossing Paths -

I made another batch a couple of days ago in autumn colors for a friend -

And I'm documenting it here for my future reference -

In case I lose my notes - LOL - ;))

The DARK BROWN is the constant that will run down the diagonal in these blocks -


I cut all of the strata before I sewed the "tubes" - because they lie flatter on my strip cutter die - I can cut 16 strips from one strata - 5 at a time with the die - with one extra from the end scrap. Then it's some more no-brainer sewing to sew 12 "tubes". I pulled four strips out of the 16 - and set one aside for a "scrappy" block - the other three are the "first" columns - unstitched - of three blocks. One "first" column plus 4 "tubes" will make one block. Three matching blocks go into each baggie.


The "first" column was already unstitched - so the next four were unsewn - stair-step fashion -


I pressed the DARK BROWN "out" and alternated "in" and "out" to nest the seams when I sew the columns together -


When it is all sewn together - I press the second and fourth columns "out" - so they should nest properly when I set them block to block - rotating every other one - 1/4 turn for the "Upstairs/Downstairs" effect - (this is to remind me - in case I forget - ;))


All pressed nicely -


Three blocks done -


The rest of the sets -


Tubes sewn - and matched to "first" column strips -


They are all bagged up and "kitted" with the green ones in the same plastic bin -

For those days when I want/need to sew -

But I don't want to have to think about it too much - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Sherry said...

I am in the Stash Bee swap and one of my group did the same block, but her diagonal was purple and the other fabrics were either black on white or white on black.

The block I did turned out pretty cool. And it got me thinking of what ways I could do one for me a little differently.

Thank you for another nudge in that direction!

Your blocks look great.

Gene Black said...

Ah ha! So that is why you were doing the green strips. This should be a fun quilt...but there will be lots of points to match.

Barb said...

What a smart way to do things.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...