Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Back to work -


I remembered after my post yesterday that another part of the Christmas gift was a set of mirrors to use to preview what a OBW block would look like if you wanted to fussy-cut the fabric repeats - so I found the mirrors and tried them out -





The way I had the mirror positioned only gave me 5 "wedges" -

But it was enough to satisfy my "triangle" curiosity -

So then I decided to get back to work on the Dresden Plates -



While I ponder the best use of the remaining OBW fabric -

The chunk for the back is actually almost two yards of fabric. The photo was of one repeat. I have 4 full repeats and another 16" - so if I pull one out for the back - I need to do some MATH to see how many more blocks I can make. The QST are 4-1/2" (4" finished) and the 4-Patch Posies are 6-1/2" (6" finished) - and they both take 4 repeats -

I usually have plenty of fabric for whatever I want to do - so I just pull a couple of yards and start cutting. I don't like this limited supply stuff - LOL. I do like the thought of one whole repeat for the back. That would leave me with 5 partial repeats - and I only need 4 - so that would give me a few more blocks.

If I sketch it out - I should be able to figure out something -

In the meantime -

The Dresden Plates don't require any brain power - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

If you need a little extra for the blocks you can always add a piece of a solid to the back.

Sherry said...

I like projects that don't require brain power. LOL

I learned last night that I can not watch "Hoarders" and work on zippered pouches at the same time. The pouches came out well, but not the way I had envisioned them (especially the one where I put the zipper in the wrong way!) LOL

I guess my first clue that I was in for trouble was when I thought the directions read that I needed 2 pieces for the lining and 2 pieces for the outer piece. . . then when I started assembling I really only need 1 piece for each. (That is how I ended up making 2 pouches.)

Oh well, can I just blame it on the residual Full Moon crazies?

I love those Dresden plates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...