Saturday, October 24, 2020

A little cutting -

 
  
And a little sewing - 
 
 
Made four more Sakura Churn Dash blocks -
 
Minus the "centers" - LOL - ;))

 
I decided that I wanted a positive and negative version of each block - 
 
And that the "centers" should contrast as much as possible - 
 
So I pulled out all of the "centers" - 
 
And re-sorted them to see which ones needed a second matching set - 
 
The ones on the right - are pairs of blocks - 
 
The ones on the left - still need a mate - 

 
I want to get all of the "units" cut and sewn - 
 
Before I decide on the "centers" - 

Then I can sew the blocks together - assembly-line -
 
And play with the layout - ;))

I frittered away part of the day playing games on my tablet - 
 
I play "Words with Friends" with a couple of friends - 
 
And I play "UpWords" with another friend - 
 
They always give me a hard time - 
 
But it's fun - and they keep me on my toes -
 
So I don't mind - 
 
Tomorrow I plan to SEW again - 
 
Maybe I'll get the rest of these blocks cut and sorted -
 
I'd like to have all of the blocks sewn together by Monday - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 




3 comments:

Barbara said...

I love that you can get so into a project down to the smallest detail, and even redoing parts of it.. It has to be helpful dealing with anxiety especially these days. I think contrast is always helpful, go for it girl!

Linda Swanekamp said...

How can such colorful happy blocks be a negative one? Just kidding. Looking good with all the colors and plan.

Gene Black said...

OOoh, I like "positive/negative" blocks. But I always struggle with the layout because I know I don't want them together in the quilt. Ha just one of my quirks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...