Thursday, October 1, 2020

EQ Playtime -

 

Today I wanted to play with Gene's HST Medallion Quilt

And try to decide what color(s) I'm going to use - 

In addition to the pretty jelly roll and turquoise batik - LOL - ;))

Before I cut anything - 

I played in EQ for a little bit - 

I have some TURQUOISE yardage and some other "pieces" that might work - 

And -

I would rather make more blocks than add borders - 

But that's probably just me - LOL -

Here's one coloring with TURQUOISE in the setting triangles and center HST - 

And a "PINK" for the other half of the center HST and corner squares - 

The beige/green will be scrappy - from a lovely jelly roll from  Timeless Treasures - Tonga Treats - Citrus - which is no longer available - sorry - 

The "yellow" and the center block are still "undecided" - 

This one would be about 38" x 38" - without borders -

Then I thought that I might want to make it larger - 

So I increased the number of rows horizontally and vertically - 

But that's a little TOO big - LOL -

This one would be about 64" x 89" - without borders -

So I scaled it back a little - 

And think this might work - 

This one would be about 51" x 64" - without borders -

Depending on the layout - there may or may not be ONE "Center" block - 

This one has FOUR - LOL -

This will give me an idea of how many larger HST I will need - from yardage -

The smaller HST will be "scrappy" - from jelly roll strips -

And they can all be cut using my LEFT-EZE™ Rule

So tomorrow - I may just start cutting - 

And see where this goes - LOL - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 


4 comments:

Sue said...

Love the second design. Looking forward to seeing what you make.

Gene Black said...

Oooh, I like it with the four center blocks. That really adds a nice pop.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the last one with the four center blocks. I personally don't like the burgundy as it doesn't relate to the rest of the quilt, but I love the idea. I am impressed with your EQ skills and how you can change things up. I am much slower with graph paper.

Julie Fukuda said...

Well, you are sure better at playing with these technical toys than I am. I can't even get a sentence lined up, let alone a selection of blocke.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...