Monday, October 12, 2020

Pressing matters -

 
 
So I took the time today to press all SIXTEEN strata - 
 
Before I cut the segments using my die cutter - 

For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Winter's Grandeur - Champagne
Robert Kaufman Winter's Grandeur - ©Studio RK -

The strata lie much flatter if I don't sew them into "tubes" yet -
 
 
There are two matching strata in each set - 
 
And I can get three blocks from one strata -
 
So each set of two makes six matching blocks - super simple -  
 
I'll fan-fold them in thirds and layer both of the same set on top of each other - 
 
Then run them through - peel them off - roll them up - and sort them later - 

The strata are really pretty - 

So this is going to be another pretty top -
 

 
Once I get the segments cut and sorted - 
 
I can put them on a cookie sheet and have them ready to go - 
 
And I can go back to playing with the Sakura Churn Dash blocks -
Island Batik -  Sakura - which is no longer available - sorry -


 
The pieces on the left are the remains of the first set of strips in the flat pack - 
 
The second set of strips is on the right - 
 
So many more pretty blocks to make - 
 
After I finish my chores - LOL - ;))
 
 

Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Sue said...

Clever play on words in title of this post. That's a great motivator to get your chores done.

Barbara said...

Very wintry fabrics, indeed. Love them!

Gene Black said...

When I saw the title, I wondered "Is that a complete sentence (subject/verb) or is it the noun 'matters' modified by 'pressing' ???"
It will be a pretty top - in fact both of them will be.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...