Sunday, October 4, 2020

Value check -

 

Yesterday I was asked about the value contrast on my "Plan C" choice - 

So I thought I would show you some black/white photos - 

Here's the TURQUOISE - "Plan C Batik" - "Plan B PINK" - and another batik - 

The "Plan B PINK" is definitely lighter than "Plan C" -

 And lighter than the TURQUOISE -

But when I compare "Plan C" to the TURQUOISE - it's darker -

Not by much - but enough to suit me -

And - if I decide later that I don't like it - 

I can always change back to the "Plan B PINK" -

I have plenty of both TURQUOISE and "Plan B PINK" - 

I had already cut one strip of the TURQUOISE and one strip of "Plan C" - 

So then I made a bunch of larger HST -

And I wanted to show you how the black tip at the top of my LEFT-EZE™ Rule - eliminates one of the dog-ears when you use a pre-cut strip -

The dashed seam allowance line on the long diagonal extends to the right edge of the ruler - at the corner - exactly where the cut edge meets the top of the strip -

So when you start sewing from the flat end of the HST -

You have the 1/4" seam allowance starting in the corner -

And it's one less dog-ear you have to trim - 

So then I made a bunch of larger "center HST" -

Tomorrow I'll pair up some of the 2-1/2" strips - 

Make some of the smaller HST -

And go from there - ;))

 

Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I like the Plan C fabric best. I also like the visual texture that the "C" fabric has.

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

I like the subtle difference in the values of Plan C.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...