Monday, October 5, 2020

Plan D -

 

I sorted the strips into two groups - 

Those that contrasted with the "Plan C batik" - on the left - 

And those that contrasted with the TURQUOISE - on the right -

Then I made some HST using my LEFT-EZE™ Rule -   

And played with some block layouts -

Nothing is "sewn together" -

They are all just patches on the design wall - for now - 

I tried this one first -

Then thought I might use it for the center block -

So I switched out the center HST for a solid TURQUOISE square - 

And reversed the light/dark in the smaller HST -

But then realized that the center block needs darker ones on the outside edges - 

So I did a different layout -

Then I made a couple more -



And I was not seeing what I expected to see - 

My color combinations weren't working - 

There was too much TURQUOISE - 

And the rest of them looked "muddy" -

But they all look so pretty on the cookie sheet - LOL -

They are playing so nicely there -

Why aren't they playing nicely on the design wall? -

Then I realized that they were talking to me - 

They don't want to be HST in Gene's HST Medallion Quilt -  

Sorry, Gene!! - 

These guys want to be simple little 9-patches - 

They want to be Churn Dash Blocks - 

So that's "Plan D" - LOL -

And tomorrow I have more cutting to do -

After my "chores" - ;))

 

Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -  


7 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think you should listen to your muse and make churn dash blocks. You can always return to the other idea another time - or not!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great churn dash blocks. When a block has so many pieces and you have diagonals going on, the fabric values have to be real contrasty which is why so many uses white and 1 color. However, I love, love the churn dash blocks a lot as the colors glow there.

Sue said...

When the HSTs speak, we must listen! They play so nicely together as churn dash blocks.

Cindy Quilts said...

Love the Churn Dash blocks!

Barbara said...

The colors are great together! I also like churn dash. 😄

Katie said...

I agree that they were looking muddy and the churn dash blocks look a lot better. It's good you listened rather than having a quilt you don't like. That happens, too, but I think you did well this time.

Barbara said...

Looking again and not reading the text, a simple vote for the second photo is registered.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...