Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Likes -

 
 
And dislikes filled my day - ;))
 
LIKE - 
 
The way these blocks come together so easily - 
 
 
 
DISLIKE - 
 
The lack of variety in the fabrics in the jelly roll - 
 
These two blocks look pretty much the same - 
 
Because only the second fabric - below the checked one - is different - 
 
 
 

In the photo below - 
 
The "different one" shows up as the top one on the left - 
 
And the second one on the right - 
 
They are REALLY close - but oh, well - too late now -
 
They have all been cut - and just need to be sewn together - 
 
 
DISLIKE - 
 
ALL of the LINT that I get when I sew strips that have been PINKED - UGH!! - 
 
What a MESS!! - 

Lint from "thread" is one thing - 

Lint from "PINKED edges" is in another league -


LIKE - 
 
How easy it is to use my LEFT-EZE™ Rule -
 
To cut the HST and "bars" for my Sakura Churn Dash
 
And - of course - the center square - LOL - 
 
 
LIKE - 
 
The little itty-bitty trimmings from the four dog-ears on the HST -

No wasted fabric from cutting oversized squares and trimming them down - 
 
No paper(s) to remove - ;)) 


 
Tomorrow we'll see how many more - 
 
Sakura Churn Dash blocks I can make - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

4 comments:

Sue said...

Whispers to BOB "bury it at the bottom of the UFO pile."

Gene Black said...

I have a "hint" for the pinked edges. Take a sticky lint roller and rub it vigorously over the pinked edges before you unroll the roll (if it is in a roll.) It usually takes two or three sheets of the lint roller to get most of it.
Another option is to hold it over a trash can/bag and use a stiff paint brush to brush off the bits.

At this point, I rarely buy those anymore because they are so messy.

Barbara said...

It’s all about color!

Cindy Quilts said...

I dislike the lint from pinked edges also. I have read about the hint Gene shared, but have not tried it. You would think there would be enoughcomplaints about the lint and inaccurate sizes of pinked precuts that suppliers would stop doing that, but what do I know?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...