Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Biggie Size Interweave - Part 2 -

 
 
After I posted my last post - 
 
I had a couple more thoughts that I would like to share - 
 
One was to answer Linda's comment/question - 
Regarding where to find matching jelly rolls and charm packs - 
Holy cow, you got all that done and documented in such a short while. What are the odds of finding matching charm packs and strips? I love the size, totally usable as a comfort quilt. I will have to print this out after rehab today and pour over it. You are amazing.

My reply -

I got my matching jelly rolls and charm packs a LONG time ago - and don't really remember where I got them - but the one I'm using is Moda - and I have two more "sets" in my stash - both by Benartex.  I'm pretty sure "Island Batiks" has jelly rolls and charm packs in their "lines".  I  think most "pre-cut" manufacturers  have "matching" jelly rolls and charm packs - and layer cakes - with the same fabrics in each pack.  I'll see if I can find some for you.

My favorite source for jelly rolls is Jelly Roll Fabric dot net - no spaces - and they are having a big sale on jelly rolls right now -
but their charm pack selection is limited so I would check those first - jot down the names of the ones you like - then see if they have the jelly roll to match.  Have fun - and put your detective skills to work - LOL - ;))

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes, I think that most fabric lines that have pre-cuts will have both jelly rolls and charm packs that match. If you are buying "out of print" fabric, it could be difficult to find both.

Jeanna said...

Moda, especially, makes matching pre-cuts. Like Gene said, if what you want is out of print, but they have yardage available, then you can cut your own. You sacrifice the convenience of using pre-cuts to get the fabric print you want. Does that make sense? I need coffee LOL

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

To me it looks like it makes more sense to buy 2 jellyrolls while they are on sale instead of spending a lot of time to find matching pre-cuts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...