Sunday, October 17, 2021

Layout -

 
 
Of my "Simply Woven - LEFT-handed version" - 
 
For all of you who have waited so patiently - ;))
 
===
Simply Woven Quilt - by moda fabrics -
Moda Bake Shop - 
Jessica Kelly -  HERE
===
 
When I first started considering how I wanted to do the layout - 
 
I thought it might be better to put them up on the wall - 
 
With the seams showing -

So I started with a couple of blocks -
 
 
And rotated them - 
 
To make sure that the seams nested nicely - 

 
But - of course - 
 
I forgot that part - 
 
When it came time to put them ALL up on the wall -
 
And just put them up trying to spread the colors around a bit - 

 
Then I thought it might be cool - 
 
To see if I could get the BLACK ones to make a pattern - 
 
Around the outside -
 
But I liked the "random" version better - 

 
And I remembered that I need to see which way the seams go -
 
So I turned a couple over and rotated them to nest the seams -  

 
Then I realized that it would be much easier to take them all down - 
 
Row by row - 
 
And put them all back up on the wall - 
 
Row by row - 
 
Rotating them as needed - to nest the seams - 
 
And the "original" designs went down the drain - LOL -

 
I wanted to do three things - 
1 - Spread out the colors as best I could - 
 
2 - Make sure the seams nest nicely when I sew it together - 
 
3 - Try to make the "weave" look interesting - 

And I did - 
1 - Scatter the colors "enough" to suit me - 

2 - Get the seams to nest nicely - 
 
But - 
3 - I'm not going to worry that much about the "weave" - 

It will be a surprise to us all - LOL -

I really don't think it will make that much difference - 

With everything else going on - 

And as the Meat Loaf would say - 

 
 

I have always LOVED his voice - 
 
And I think I will put my "Bat Out Of Hell" CD on "Repeat" - 

While I "web" this top - 
 
Just because - LOL - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew- 
 
 

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I like the priority of just spreading the colors around a bit. I don’t think I’ve ever thought about how seams will nest 😲 so that’s what I would choose. Wow, what a lovely smooth voice from Meat Loaf! Thanks for the video, it’s an eye-opener for me. I don’t think I knew he could sing so well. Always thought he was a novelty singer starting with his name. Whatever happened to him?

Gene Black said...

Ha ha. I didn't think about the nesting seams messing up the layout, but I could see that happening. I think I like the random one better anyway.

There are a good many Meatloaf songs that I like. I think he did best when he was working with Jim Steinman. But then, I think Steinman was a musical genius.
Whatever, Two out of three Ain't Bad.

Katie said...

I'm one to flip seams as I sew if I have to. In the long run, I'm not sure it matters. And if a longarm can sew through a hand, a thick fabric seam should be cake. But it's your quilt, do it however makes you happy. And I'm looking forward to the likelihood that my hubby will be going back to days so I can sew with the music out - his current third shift makes that kinda rude, particularly since the sewing room and his bedroom share a wall...

Cindy Quilts said...

I like the random layout, too. And, like Katie I tend to flip seams when necessary. I haven't listened to Meatloaf in years! but I always liked his music.

Jeanna said...

I've been waiting for this LOL! I think those blocks will work in whatever layout you select.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...