Thursday, October 7, 2021

The fourth strip -

 
 
Has been added to all 23 of the blocks - 
 
For my "Simply Woven - LEFT-handed version" - 
 
===
Simply Woven Quilt - by moda fabrics -
Moda Bake Shop - 
Jessica Kelly -  HERE
===
 
I cut them all - 
 
And stacked them - in order- 
 
 
I had already sorted the next two rounds of strips - 
 
 
So it was a matter of trying to keep the blocks in order - 
 
So that I could TRY to mix up the sequence of strips - 

So that one block doesn't have a lot of the SAME colors - 
 
Or one color doesn't land in the SAME position - 





But the fact that the jelly roll has a LOT of LIGHT strips - 

AND a LOT of BLACK ones - 

It might not work as planned - LOL -
 
The pattern designer states that it really doesn't matter - 
 
Which strips are cut which size - 
 
So I took her at her word - 
 
And didn't "overthink" the color sorting -
 
Hopefully it won't be that noticeable - 
 
At the end - 
 
With everything else going on -
 
If I rotate them here and there -
 
But we'll see - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Not overthinking is always good!

Gene Black said...

I agree, don't overthink it. I would just leave the positioning to your daughter when she does the layout. Is she doing the layout on this one?

Jeanna said...

Overthinking it takes away the fun and possibly the mystery LOL.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...