Thursday, October 21, 2021

Reveal -

 
 
Remember when that was a verb? - LOL - ;))
 
I finished sewing the columns together - 
 
On my "Simply Woven - LEFT-handed version" - 
 
===
Simply Woven Quilt - by moda fabrics -
Moda Bake Shop - 
Jessica Kelly -  HERE
===
 
And I will now "reveal" the completed top - 
 
Ta Dah!! -  

 
Top left - 
 
 
Top right - 
 
 
Middle left - 
 
Middle right - 
 
 
Bottom left -
 
 
Bottom right - 
 
 
Middle middle - 
 
 
Back side - 

Nested seams - 

Well - most of them nest nicely - LOL - 

 
Would I make this pattern again? - 

Probably not - 

It's fun making the blocks - 

Sew - cut - sew - cut - repeat - 

But there are a LOT of places to mess up -

All of the seams - 
 
And all of the cuts - 
 
Are not as forgiving as some other patterns - 

And it seems to be a lot of trouble - 

For not that much "bang" - 
 
Personally - 
 
I'd rather make a bargello - 
 
They have more "bang" for the "buck" - 
 
And they give me less trouble - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think I agree with you on this one. It seems that if you don't plan it, the woven effect is not as pronounced. I think if you were cutting your own strips, you could match values and colors to make it look really woven. But I am not sure you would get enough "bang" that way either.

Barbara said...

Wow, this is striking! It was worth waiting. I wouldn't worry about seams if I was making it. Together is together from the front. 🤣

Sue said...

Looks great. Misbehaving seams say business at the front, party at the back.

Jeanna said...

I really like this layout. The black is evenly dispursed and it all just seems to come together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...