Monday, October 4, 2021

Six more -

 
 
Partial blocks - 
 
To add to the pile - 
 

You'll laugh - 
 
I showed my first two blocks to my daughter - 
 
And she said that I did them wrong! - 
 
"This" one should go "under" - 
 
And "that" one should go "over" - 
 
I tried to explain that I cut them LEFT-handed - 
 
And she didn't GET it - 
 
She said that the pattern is the pattern - 
 
And that it didn't matter how it was cut! - 
 
Silly girl! -
 
So I tried to EXPLAIN it to her AGAIN -
 
And I still don't think she GETS it -
 
But she's RIGHT-handed -
 
So there's that - LOL - ;))
 
What I should do - 
 
Is challenge her to duplicate MY block - 
 
With the same "over/under" - 
 
To see if she can do it RIGHT-handed - LOL - ;))
 
I could probably get the same RH effect - 
 
If I put the "last" strip at the TOP - 
 
Before I made the next cut - 
 
But it's too late now - 
 
I have already made the first two blocks - 
 
"Backwards" - 
 
So I may as well continue - 
 
And do the rest of them the same way - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Dear Daughter, this is a design choice made by a seasoned quilter. She has years of experience quilting and a LIFETIME of experience being left-handed. Trust her on this.

The blocks are looking good.

Katie said...

Oh dear! If, in her entire lifetime of being the daughter of a leftie, she has not learned that you have your own way of doing so many things, is there even hope?! I'm guessing she HAS met BOB (and if not, criticisms like this will acquaint her soon)...but this is YOUR quilt and YOU are making it. Cut it however you darn well feel like. Even if it is truly wrong, not just left-handed. But I bet in the end she'll see the light.

Jeanna said...

Bless her heart! I think your blocks are perfect. Of course I would...I'm left-handed as well. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...