Sunday, October 3, 2021

Three strips -

 
 
Seemed like a good number to sew/cut/sew - 
 
For the first go-round on these blocks - 
 
So I did that for five blocks and put them up on the wall - 
 
 
The next batch is almost done - 

 
I want to do the first three strips on all of them - 
 
Before I go to the next step - 
 
It seems easier to remember where I am and what I'm doing - 
 
If I break the sewing/cutting/sewing sequence into "chunks" - 
 
Instead of making each block completely from start to finish - 
 
This way -
 
I do a few at a time -
 
And I can make sure they all "match" - 
 
As I go along - 
 
But it sure seems to take a while to get this far - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

With that block/pattern, that seems like a good idea especially for chain piecing them.

Barbara said...

I love the over/under look! Putting them together must be challenging.

Katie said...

Like so many blocks/quilts I like, this one, too, has many, many seams that only become apparent AFTER you start sewing! You'll get there. And them you'll have a wonderful quilt.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The blocks are all looking good. Inch by inch.

Sue said...

They're interesting blocks. 😊 I do the same. It gives me the illusion/delusion that I'm sewing faster lol

Sue said...

They're interesting blocks. 😊 I do the same. It gives me the illusion/delusion that I'm sewing faster lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...