Friday, October 1, 2021

New month -

 
 
New project - LOL - ;))

Remember these? - 

 
They are two Halloween themed jelly rolls - 
 
Because - you know -
 
Halloween is coming - 
 
The one on the right above is the top one in the next photo -
Halloweenie - by Robin Kingsley - Maywood Studio - 
 
The other one is - 
Salem Quilt Show - Maywood Studio - 

 
I had a pattern in mind when I pulled them out of my stash - 
 
Simply Woven Quilt - by moda fabrics -
Moda Bake Shop - 
Jessica Kelly -  HERE

It calls for two jelly rolls -
 
But I decided to make it smaller by using just one jelly roll - 
And tweaking the pattern just a bit - 
 
Then I chose the "Salem Quilt Show" roll -

 
And - because there were so many light strips in the batch - 
 
I wanted a gray for the background instead of white or cream - 
 
But this one strip won't work with the dark gray -
 
 
So I chose this lighter gray instead - 
 
 
I know that I could have used an orange - 
 
Or a lime green - 
 
Or a purple - 
 
But I don't want it to SCREAM Halloween -
 
I want people to take a closer look at it - 
 
THEN see that the prints are Halloweenie - 
 
So - anyway - 
 
I cut the pieces that I need -  
 

 
And I hope my MATH tweaks are correct - 
 
Because I really don't want to make a test block - 
 
Even though BOB is whispering in my ear - 
 
That I might regret skipping that step - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 
 

4 comments:

Sue said...

Haha @ BEB.

Gene Black said...

LOL.... BOB may be right! It should be a fun quilt.

Katie said...

I love the pattern! And you'll be fine without that test block!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I want to make that one too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...