Sunday, November 6, 2022

Another one -

 
 
Is quilted - 
 
YAY!! -  
 
After I finished quilting Simply Woven
 
I loaded the top for Halloweenie Interweave -
 
On the same backing and batting - 

 
Then quilted "in the ditch" along the strips - 
 
I loaded it sideways - 
 
And used a ruler - 
 
I wanted to use my channel lock - 
 
But didn't trust it to hit the "ditch" on all of the seams - 
 
It really would have been easier to use my walking foot on my other machine -
 
But I didn't know that - now I do - LOL - ;)) 
 
 
And I got pretty darn close when I measured the backing for both quilts - 
 
Below you can see the edge of the backing basted to the bottom leader cloth - 
 
With about 5" to spare -
 

I still need to trim both quilts and bind them - 

But all in good time - 

I've already decided which top I want to quilt next - 

And maybe I'll try to add a second one to the same backing - 
 
Like I did on this one - 

That seemed to work out nicely - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, there is no stopping you now! You seem to have adapted quite quickly to the whole new way of quilting.

Gene Black said...

Wow, you wasted no time getting the second one on there and quilted. Brava!

Kathy S. said...

Nice work. I love to quilt back-to-back quilts. Great job measuring.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think ruler work is a pain. I will always do my ditch quilting with my walking foot. I'm glad you tried it. You now know some things you do like and some you don't like for future quilting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...